Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Another Mad Hungry Recipe: Busy-Day Chocolate Cake

As mentioned in previous posts, I am slightly obsessed with Lucinda Scala Quinn, who does the cooking show Mad Hungry on the Hallmark Channel. And, even though I no longer have TV, I have still found her blog, and recipes useful.

Here is one of her recipes which is just amazing, the Busy-Day Chocolate Cake.
This is such a great cake, and so simple. Plus, are you a vegan, or out of eggs? No problem. This cake uses a nifty combination of vinegar and baking soda as opposed to eggs! Just add a fantastic frosting, which a quick google can easily find for you, and you're all set. This cake takes about an hour start to finish, but it is so worth it. 

Lucinda even mixes hers in the same pan she bakes the cake in--though, when you are making round cakes, it is a little more difficult. For this one, I actually split the batter (which I mixed in a bowl) into two cake pans (so I didn't have to try and cut it later), then I did a layer of the home made frosting in between the two cakes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment